Hello my name is Julina, born in 2006. This is my diary about my visits to a lot of interesting places. Below is "Julina" song, made by my papa. Enjoy!

Nunobiki Kannon, Komoro, Nagano Prefecture

Today we visited Nunobiki Kannon in Komoro, Nagano Prefecture. The famous "Legend of Zenkoji" originated here - A cow snatched a cloth belonging to a wicked old woman, who pursued the cow until it led her to Zenkoji Temple in Nagano City. In the temple the cow turned into a golden Kannon (goddess of mercy) and warned the old woman for her wrongdoings. Having been changed, the old woman went back home and enshrined Nunobiki Kannon on the cliff. One of the temples overhangs in the cliff and overlooks Komoro city.

A cow snatched a cloth and
led the old woman this way

Icy walking path!
A view of Nunobiki Kannon on the way




We had to climb up the mountain covered with snow and ice and that was the hard part for all of us especially my mom!! Slowly climbed while I took my dad's hand all the time, we finally arrived safely. The view from there was so beautiful and I met the cow too!
It was quite difficult to climb up so please be more careful if you visit there during winter season.

This is the cow from the legend! 
Arrived safely!