Hello my name is Julina, born in 2006. This is my diary about my visits to a lot of interesting places. Below is "Julina" song, made by my papa. Enjoy!

Suwa-Taisha, Suwa city, Nagano

Today was for my dad because we went to Japanese rice wine (Sake) factory, my dad's favorite. The one that we visited today was the famous factory in Suwa city, called "Masumi". We bought some sake and specially made dried bean curd from the shop.

In front of Masumi shop
Different kind of Masumi sake










Snacks on the way, Yum!
Then we went to Suwa-Taisha Temple. Over 1200 years old, it is one of Japan’s oldest shrines and was once one of the holiest places in country. Suwa Taisha's famous Onbashira festival is held every six years.  Huge tree trunks are cut down and transported to the shrine. This includes riding the sacred logs down a muddy hillside in sometimes deadly manner. I did not like much about this story when I heard about somebody got hurt.


We could see the sacred log from the latest festival decorated inside, very very big! I could not imagine how they got them down here!
Inside Suwa-Taisha Temple

Suwa-Taisha Temple

The main sacred log from
Onbashira festival
On the way back home, we stopped by at Kaminoyu hot spring. It was brownish yellow color hot spring, quite rare and it felt good too.

Nice location, good air and wonderful
hot spring